Manufacturer's SKU 915 Manufacturer's Warranty Manufacturing defects - practical lifetime of product Brands Benchmade Blade Type Sheepsfoot Edge Type Plain Edge, Serrated Blade Length 3 - 3.99 inches Handle Color Black, Orange Opening Mechanism Ambidextrous Thumb-Studs Feature / Environment Made in USA
This dynamic triple utility tool includes a knife, safety hook and glass breaker.
- AXIS locking mechanism
- Modified sheepsfoot blade style with ambidextrous thumb-stud opener
- N680 highly corrosion resistant blade steel (57-59HRC)
- 440C hook-shaped safety cutter (58-60HRC)
- Textured G10 handles (available in black or safety orange) with 420J full stainless steel liners and a reversible tip-up deep pocket clip
- Carbide glass breaker
- Blade Length: 3.50"
- Blade Thickness: 0.130"
- Handle Thickness: 0.530"
- Blade Material: N680 Main Blade; 440C Safety Cutter
- Blade Hardness: 57-59HRC Main Blade; 58-60HRC Safety Cutter
- Blade Style: Modified Sheepsfoot Main Blade; Hook-Shaped Safety Cutter
- Weight: 5.10oz.
- Pocket Clip: Reversible, Tip-Up, Deep Carry
- Lock Mechanism: AXIS
- Overall Length: 8.20"
- Closed Length: 4.70"
- Sheath Material: Sold Separately
- Class: Black
- Great for EMS Review by Trav
Quality Price Value
I carry this in my work bag 24x7 and it goes in my pocket for every first aid/rescue call I respond to.
For the price, there is not a better quality, more versatile folder. While I have not yet used the glass breaker, i value it application in both a first aid and even self defense environment (skull breaker, anyone?). The safety hook is fantastic, it was used recently to free a patient from her seat belt so we could package her up. And the blade...well this is a Benchmade - 'nuff said.
For any first responders, emts, paramedics, or firefighters, there is really no better option for a duty folder. I would recommend the 915 (this blade) over the 916 simply because blades tip makes it more versatile.
(Posted on 6/23/2013)
Write Your Own Review
- Product Tags