You have no items in your shopping cart.
A versatile combination of light weight, durability, stability and protection for fast hiking or running on rough terrain and technical trails, the XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX has established itself as one of the most imitated shoes on the market. Now available in Camo!
Low-cut profile for freedom of movement
Gore-Tex®'s Extended Comfort Footwear is guaranteed to keep you dry and offers an extended range of comfort. Engineered to be used during high output activities, we use GORE-TEX® Extended Comfort Footwear in our adventure racing and mountain running footwear where superior waterproof protection and enhanced breathability are essential.
Combining several different hardness combinations of Contagrip®, Salomon's adventure running outsoles provide the perfect blend of grip and durability to cover mixed terrain at high speeds. Designed with specifically placed forefoot flex grooves, self cleaning, multi-directional lugs, and defined toe off and braking lugs these outsoles are field tested, and race proven to dynamically tackle any terrain.
Salomon's low profile advanced chassis, placed between the outsole and midsole, maximizes security, motion control, energy management and push through protection for a high performance, stable and responsive ride.
- Gusseted tongue - Material bridge connects tongue to the upper eliminating debris from entering the shoe.
- Lace pocket - Provides easy storage for the Quick Fit lacing system
- Protective rubber toe cap - The right solution for the toe protection in mountain and trail environments
- Mud guard - Protective material all around the base of the shoe
- Sensifit - Sensifit system works to cradle the foot providing a precise and secure fit.
- Quicklace - Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. Easy-on, easy-off.
- Asymmetrical lacing - For a customized fit and quick adjustment.
- Molded EVA midsole provides lighweight cushioning and stability
- Dual density EVA - Dual density midsoles provide superior cushioning, stability, and motion control
- Pronation Control
- Energy Cell 2
- Provides excellent next to foot cushioning and anatomical support
- Provides excellent cushioning and anatomically designed support
- OrthoLite® sockliner combines a specific Ortholite® foam and an EVA heel cup. Ortholite® foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot. It will not break down or lose effectiveness over time. Recycled tire content to protect the environment. EVA heel cups allows for a better heel support and added cushioning.
|Weight||800 g (8.5 Size Pair)|
|MIDSOLE HEIGHT||21MM / 11MM|
|7.5||7||25.5||40 2/3||40 2/3|
|8||7.5||26||41 1/3||41 1/3|
|9||8.5||27||42 2/3||42 2/3|
|9.5||9||27.5||43 1/3||43 1/3|
|10.5||10||28.5||44 2/3||44 2/3|
|12||11.5||30||46 2/3||46 2/3|
|12.5||12||30.5||47 1/3||47 1/3|
|13.5||13||31.5||48 2/3||48 2/3|
|14||13.5||32||49 1/3||49 1/3|
- Worth the money. Review by RT
Price Value Quality
However i do feel they are a little big. I usually wear a size 10.5 and will be being a 10 for my next pair of Salomons! (Posted on 5/25/2014)
- Good shoe. Good company. Review by DW
Price Value Quality
I am pleased that I stumbled upon US Elite Gear and they are my first stop now when looking for certain gear/equipment. Good company and I highly recommend. (Posted on 3/7/2014)
- Overall a great low GTX show for dynamic activity. Review by BornFREE
Price Value Quality
Salomon has been known for being THE trail/mountain running shoe. Meanwhile Adidas has brought out some great shoes as well, and La Sportiva have always been great.
However, Salomon has listened to the requests from military forces and produced shoes in corresponding colors.
THIS ONE IS IN REALITY MORE GREEN THAN IT APPEARS. In the displayed picture it seems to be more brownish (FDE-like). So, if you want a shoe that's rather brown than green, think twice.
If you own Arcteryx LEAF clothing (Wolk or Croc) this show will go along those colors pretty well.
Now here's my own personal perspective on how this shoe fits. While it has the same size like my XT Wings, it seems not to hug my feet the same way. I have narrow heels and if I don't pull the laces tight enough, the heel slips out slightly. If I wouldn't want the heel to slip out, then I would need to go with a smaller size, which then would put my toes right at the front of the shoe ... and this is not an advisable thing because when you run downhill you will damage your toe nails.
Other than that the shoe is as expected. Great traction in both wet/slippery situation or rocky landscape and it provides enough arch support.
I have learned that the insole Salomon provides is really the best that goes with their shoes. While I use insoles in other shoes, I let my Salomons with their original one.
If you need a more neutral shoe, go with the XA. If you want more stability then go with the XT (now called X Ultra GTX). (Posted on 2/26/2014)