Manufacturer's SKU 15916 Shipping Estimate Ships Within 5 Business Days Manufacturer's Warranty Manufacturer defects - 6 months (1 year for Outdoor) Brands Danner Boot Feature 6in and Mid-Cut Footwear Type Hiking and Outdoor
Danner's lightest and most flexible tactical boot, the Melee features a unique outsole design. Danner's unique Melee outsole is constructed with a 360˚ pentagonal low lug pattern for grip in all directions, a rugged outer lug pattern with molded siping that disperses water and provides maximum surface contact and Danner’s patent pending VIA technology which provides a V-4 abrasion rubber compound in the medial side arch for fast roping control.
- Breathable, moisture-wicking mesh lining
- Durable 1000 Denier nylon upper
- Abrasion resistant toe and heel cap
- Cushioning polyurethane footbed
- EVA midsole for shock absorption with an ESS external coating for abrasion resistance
- Patent pending Danner® VIA technology featuring a Vibram® V-4 ultra-abrasion rubber compound in the medial side arch for fast roping control
- Danner® Melee outsole featuring a 360° pentagonal low lug pattern for grip in all directions with a more rugged outer lug pattern which sheds water and provides maximum surface contact
- Nylon shank
- 6" height
- 32 oz
The DLE-01 last was designed to be an extension of the foot with superior forefoot and heel capture, stability and a more anatomical shape for comfort. The additional space in the toebox allows the foot to naturally react when bearing a heavy load or changing directions laterally in high intensity environments.
Tips for the Perfect Fit
- Measure both feet. If one foot is slightly larger than the other, select a size that fits the larger of the two.
- Consider the type of socks you’ll be wearing with your boot. For thicker socks, you may want to select a half size larger than you normally wear.
- When you do receive your boots, we recommend first wearing them indoors for a few hours to ensure they’re the right fit.
- Danner does it again! Review by Christopher Mark Heben
Quality Price Value
I have worn Danner boots in combat zones since 1998. I have also worn them on hunting trips and Harley rides since that time as well. No matter what I am sasking them to do, they have never let me down. The Melee Canteen is no exception here. These 6" 'go-fatsers' are light and agile yet rugged and stable. Danner's new 'VIA' technology incorporated into the arch area of the inside portion of the boot is designed to resist abrasion and allow for better fast roping control. While I wont be doing any of that anytime soon, I did just use them this morning to do some rope climbing and they are all they are cracked up to be for this, as I was able to descend a lot more deliberately while using less muscle. I like the look and feel of the boot and they are very well stitched together. They lace up very quickly and I am able to get them as tight as I need them to be. I have a normal width foot and these fit me quite well. Plenty of room in the toe-box for me. No need to go up or down in sizing, just order your true size. Danner does it again!-Christopher Mark Heben
(Posted on 1/31/13)
- Good boot...in time maybe great Review by JJ357
Price Value Quality
First thing you will notice is the rigid sole, excellent, almost like a Danner hiking boot. Couple of things come to mind why this would be good...tactically thinking here. Also the top portion of the boot is tough, yet light and breathable. The boot over all is light, which is a good thing if you plan on running and gunning with heavy load out, the rigid sole is helpful here. Not much protection on the top, like a steel toe would have, but I'm wearing this as everyday casual and when I run and gun out in the country, so there is no need for the hard protective top portion or steel toe. My feet are bad, so this is where I give it a not so good rating. If you have good feet (good arches, normal width, etc.) then please ignore the following. The inside support is mediocre, the toe box does not seem to have enough room and I bought a EE. My small outside toes are struggling a bit, annoying really. I have adjusted the give in the laces toward the toe box today and I am hoping this will help. If not, I like the boot enough to give it a second chance, and I will buy another pair a half size longer than my normal size, and if that does not help then the boot will get a bad review from me. Yes, I would have to buy another pair because these I have are in no condition to be returned for the next size up, they have been worn hard, I run and gun in these and I pay no attention to my feet, they get dragged in dirt, mud, gravel, water puddles, etc. AND they stayed intact, seems are just as good as when I purchased them.
(Posted on 12/28/12)
Write Your Own Review
- Product Tags