Manufacturer's SKU 3161 Manufacturer's Warranty Manufacturing defects - practical lifetime of product Brands Arc'teryx Feature / Environment Waterproof
**Restricted to USA and APO/FPO sales**
Not sure about your size?
Why We Like It
This is a fantastic, top-of-the-line waterproof jacket. It's extremely durable, waterproof, breathable and lightweight; and packs easily. The design allows for full range of motion. The hood can be adjusted easily according to your needs.
The original high performance alpine jacket adapted for LEAF environments. Windproof, waterproof/breathable GORE-TEX 3L fabric stands up to harsh, intense climates, prolonged exposure to weather and abrasion from gear and landscapes. Highly articulated patterning allows for maximum movement, minimal exposure, efficient transfer of moisture vapour to the outside and intelligent pocketing for in-field use. WaterTight zippers and Dry Cuffs seal out rain and snow and hemcord secures rapidly with one hand; pit zippers allow for rapid heat regulation. Helmet compatible hood stores inside collar. Bomber length has slightly dropped hem to limit lower back exposure.
- Weight: 672 g / 1 lb 7.7 oz
- Materials: MN70p-X GORE-TEX 3L
Design: One-hand adjustable drawcordsPatterning
- Tiny GORE seam tape (13 mm)
- GORE-TEX three-layer construction
- Articulated elbows
- No-lift gusseted underarms
- Fully adjustable hood fits under or over a helmet
- Helmet compatible Stow Hood
- Hood rolls away into the collar
Cuff & Sleeves Configuration: Laminated die-cut Velcro cuff adjusters reduce bulk, and won't catch or tear offHem Configuration: Laminated hemPocket Configuration
- WaterTight external zippers
- Molded zipper garages
- Pit zippers for easy venting
- Full front zip with wind flap
- Matte black zippers
- Two internal laminated pockets
- Two sleeve pockets
NATO Stock Codes
- Machine wash in warm water.
- Double rinse.
- Do not use fabric softener.
- Tumble dry on medium heat.
- Do not iron.
- Crocodile | Small = 8415-20-005-3867
- Crocodile | Medium = 8415-20-005-3868
- Crocodile | Large = 8415-20-005-3869
- Crocodile | X-Large = 8415-20-005-3870
- Crocodile | XX-Large = 8415-20-005-3871
- let it rain Review by Darin
Price Value Quality
This one will keep you dry but does not breath very well just like all goretex. Can run a little warm with a lot of activity. All in all does its job of keeping you dry.
(Posted on 7/2/13)
- A shell that's all in Review by Jon
Price Value Quality
All the innovations that Arc'teryx has on their jackets are featured in the Alpha. Gore-tex XCR (now called Pro shell), a large and very adjustable stowable hood as well as plenty of storage space with 4 external and 2 internal pockets. For venting heat, it has 2 large pit zips (opens/closes both ways). Wide velcro patches on each sleeve. One detail that I like is the external pockets and pit zips use matt black rubberised zippers as opposed to the more commonly used laminated ones which are quite shiny in appearance. Ultimately, I chose to get the Alpha knowing it would be the one rain shell that would last me. (Over having to go through several cheaper alternatives which may not have the capabilities of the Alpha)
(Posted on 9/17/12)
Write Your Own Review
- Product Tags
- Product Video